My journey of weight loss

Monday, January 22, 2007

weigh in today

i did something all this week that i normally would never do... i checked myself on the scale throughout the week. several times... i normally dont like to do that, it focuses my mind on the negative if i see my weight fluctuate too much. but over all this week has been a success i've lost 2 more pounds for a total of 24 cant Wait to get to 25 and get that new star (green i think?) plus as an added bonus i am only 4.5 away from getting to my 10% goal... i am counting down the weeks! i'm hoping that in two weeks time i can say i have hit my goal. wow that would be great. its hard to think that back in november when i started i was 24 pounds heavier. and while i still cant personally physically see a ton of changes (other than some pants arnt fitting so well around the waist any more) the other day i ran down the side walk between stores bc of how cold it was and i didnt feel bad doing it. i wasnt even out of breath and i commented to myself of how easy it was to do in retrospect to how hard it had been the past.

so there it is... one less stress to worry about (well for at least the day) i'm going to head back to class now... its so hard to be back at school and trying to find the time to maintain getting online to keep track of the foods that i am eating. its finding that balance... hmmmm whats that?

anyways have a good day everyone!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

good job on the wi! you'll hit the 10% in no time!!!! i'm sure there is a change in the way you look, but maybe you can't see it. it took me a while to see it even when people were saying things. you're doing so good!!!!

meredi said...

Wow, 24 pounds is incredible, girl! Like Amanda says, I'm sure the changes are visible. I think since we're with ourselves all the time, and see ourselves in the mirror all the time, that it's hard to see the differences sometimes. But your story about running down the sidewalk speaks for itself! Obviously you're much healthier and fitter than you were, and that's a wonderful thing! Huge congrats! :)

Vanessa said...

Yay! Congrats on the 24 lbs down :D. I bet everyone else can see the changes in you, even if your brain hasn't quite caught up yet ;).

Natalie said...

I just commented on my blog about that exact debate "to weigh or not to weigh each day, that is the question."

Congratulations on the loss so far - that's great. And the NSV of running a block is the icing on the low-point cake :p

Natalie