My journey of weight loss

Thursday, January 4, 2007

Getting back into the swing of things


So i had my post xmas weigh in... i gained another 2 pounds. I expected it... therefore i wasnt too upset and i figure since the average person gains 5 over xmas i am doing ok. That being said now i have to get my butt back in gear! I go back to university on monday which (when it comes to Weight Watchers) has me a bit worried. Two things may set me back and i am going to have to find a way to deal with it. 1- the university wont have microwaves so its back to salads, sandwiches and other cold food items again, 2- my university has three campuses one in Burnaby one in Surrey and the other in Vancouver. I am attending the surrey one... oh and did i mention its located in a MALL... can we say temptation!!! Its a gorgeous newly constructed campus but the food court temptation is going to be a hard one to stick away from... though there is a salad bar and subway there so i manage. And can we say shopping???? the only good thing is that the clothing stores that i like to shop in arnt at this mall, (hmmm a blessing to be on the large size and not fit into the "normal" retail stores for once?????)

I went there yesterday to get ahead of the crowds and get my new id pass and my books ( totally expecting to pay my normal $500 for books) i get there and $130 later i am done... I just about died on spot. That has to be the lowest that i have ever paid. Got my new id... thank god i didnt have to take another new picture (my hair was back in a slick poney tail not the best look for a photo) so the one from 6 years ago will do...lol

I really have to get some exercise in (this has to be my pitfall) i just always find something else to do that has to get done and before i know it its time for bed. Take last night (not the best excuse) but i got free tix to a giants game... how do i turn that down? i couldnt so i went rather than exercise. So yet again i will say tonight i will go out and do something... at least a walk.... wait is tonight a new Greys Anatomy? and ER? (oh and i have a dentist appt after work... so if i am in pain... see what i mean about excuses) ok ok someone keep me accountable to go for a walk tonight regardless of how i feel!! PLEASE

I also would like to say a thanks to Amanda and Kathryn for your great and appreciated comments. I'm new at this so i really like to see comments like yours! Amanda do you have a blog currently?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

hey roberta! that's good that you went in with the expectation of a gain, so you weren't too disappointed. you'll lose those 2lbs plus more in no time! i would be so screwed if i had to go to a mall for classes, i love to shop, good thing i don't really have the money!lol!! i haven't exercised since before christmas (too many things to do and now i'm sick) so i need to get my butt in gear once this cold is gone. one good thing is grey's anatomy is a rerun! my blog is ahomefulloflove.blogspot.com.

Vanessa said...

Hey! Sounds like you have a great attitude about those pesky 2 pounds. They'll be gone in no time, for sure!

Glad you got your books and stuff for less $$$ than expected. I love it when that happens! :D