My journey of weight loss

Monday, February 12, 2007

Ahhh sweet rewards

I did it... sick and all

I hit my 10% goal this morning.. so totally makes me feeling like crap worth it. I'm now working towards my 20% which wont take long i am sure! so since november 6th i've lost 32 pounds. I've taken some pictures of the some what new me but i've not had the opportunity to download them to my computer yet.. as soon as i can though i will post them. you'll have to let me know if you see a change its still hard for me.

In other news I went to the doctors today b/c i just cant take this cold anymore. its been about 4 weeks now and about two weeks ago i thought i was getting better but then i was hit by another cold. So i went to the doctor thinking that i just had the flu or close to it b/c i have had the flu shot. (but that means nothing) and i find out that he thinks i might have whooping cough. Now i know i was given a shot for that when i was a kid so who would think i could still get it but apparently i can. I took a nasty test with a swab down my nose to see if i do have it but they wont know for several days. until then i am on antibiotics and bed rest with a some what quarantine status. sigh.

anyways... i'll up date you as i can.. seeing as i am going to be home this week now.

4 comments:

meredi said...

Oh no, whopping cough? I had no idea we adults could get that... is it one of the ones you have to be reimmunized for at some point?

Anyway, yikes, I really hope it turns out to be not serious. Feel better soon!

Oh, and huge congrats on the 10%! *does a little dance for Roberta* :)

Amanda said...

congrats on hitting the 10%! i knew you could do it!!!
sorry to hear your sick, i hope you feel better soon! i agree with meredi, i didn't think adults could get it?????

Natalie said...

WTG on getting to your 10% goal. Great accomplishment. I'm sorry that your sick though. What an awful thing to have. I was at my daughter's pediatrician today and we could hear a little kid with whopping cough. It sounded like a dog barking. So sad. Hang in there.

Vanessa said...

Congrats on the 10%! You're awesome :D